Mobile Beacon was created by a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization and the second largest national Educational Broadband Service (EBS) provider in the United States. Our mission is to provide schools, libraries, and nonprofits with high-speed, mobile internet access to maximize their philanthropic impact and better serve our world.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Business Analyst (Salesforce / CRM)
Reporting to the Director of Finance/Administration, the Business Analyst will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Primary responsibilities include testing and proposing solutions, changes, and enhancements to the functionality and security of our Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and related processes. The Business Analyst will be responsible for the development of documentation including specifications, business processes, solution analysis, project plans, etc.
The Business Analyst will be a power user of the CRM database. The position requires expertise in data administration, querying, reporting, process management and automation. The Business Analyst is expected to apply a high degree of expertise and advanced knowledge of Salesforce to provide top-level user support, coordinate activities between various constituents, and understand the requirements and needs of the organization. The Business Analyst will work independently with minimal supervision and coordinate activities among internal and external stakeholders. A wide degree of competency is expected.
- Document and maintain end-to-end system processes and procedures.
- Identify, document, implement, monitor, evaluate, and revise internal controls and processes.
- Develop templates to be used by Customer Service team and mentor/guide the staff in developing strong documentation and cross-training.
- Analyze existing processes and procedures; develop and present areas for improvement and automation.
- Analyze the current and future needs of the organization; translate those needs into action plans.
- Serve as lead liaison and project manager with our 3rd party software developers to translate business requirements into action plans, establish project schedules, manage the implementation, development, testing and roll-out of new software/functionality, and ensure the necessary documentation and training is disseminated to relevant Mobile Beacon staff.
- Design and generate standard or custom reports summarizing business or financial data for review by internal stakeholders.
- Assist with designing, developing and implementing reconciliations between partners and organizations records.
- Lead projects involving business line analysis to integrate activities, gather relevant data and share best practices.
- Adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the organization during periods of rapid change and growth.
- Assist with special projects upon request.
- Other related duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, management of information systems, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3 – 5 years business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Salesforce or another similar CRM SQL database is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Admin Certification preferred. All candidates required to achieve and maintain certification once employed.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to analyze information and make strategic recommendations to drive business efficiencies and results.
- Database analysis skills, identifying trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation, upgrading and/or support of large CRM or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- A proven track record of developing scalable processes and functionality that drive business results.
- Proven ability in researching and working with changes in software technology and integrating those changes into business processes.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects.
- Able to take charge of all aspects of a project from assisting with establishing priorities, setting and meeting deadlines, establishing metrics and performing post project analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership, motivation, initiative, independence, and responsibility.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups in a project team setting.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].