Save on Internet Access, Spend on Education.
Attention Digital Wish Members!
Mobile Beacon and Digital Wish are offering an ongoing grant opportunity. Every other month, Mobile Beacon Grants Access for Education awards up to two 4G LTE hotspots with a year of internet service. Apply by submitting a lesson plan to Digital Wish’s shared Lesson Plan Library.
This grant can support educators in a variety of ways including:
- Integrate more technology in the classroom, including BYOD and 1-to-1 initiatives
- Create a low-cost back-up Internet source to ensure your lesson plans aren’t interrupted by slow speeds or a lost Internet connection
- Meet the broadband demands of the Common Core State Standards initiative
- Provide out-of-school access to disadvantaged or at-risk students who do not have Internet access at home
- Create instant wireless access to unwired areas of your buildings
- Keep teachers, faculty, staff or students connected during field trips, sporting events, and other off-campus activities
- Provide out-of-school mobile Internet access to teachers and staff to stay connected remotely and increase professional development opportunities
Learn more and apply: http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/grants
Who it helps:
K-12 public and private schools, colleges, universities, academic libraries
How it helps:
Through our $10/month, unlimited Internet service and 4G device donation program through Digital Wish, schools save significantly on access costs. This program helps educators:
- Provide affordable out-of-school access to students who do not have Internet access at home
- Create instant, wireless access in the classroom
- Create a low-cost backup Internet source to ensure lesson plans aren’t interrupted by slow speeds or a lost Internet connection
- Provide mobile access to teachers and staff
What you get:
Schools, teachers, and administrators can receive donated 4G LTE mobile hotspots through our Digital Wish donation program. We offer tiered donation bundles so you get the number of devices you need to expand access without breaking your budget.
(Single Device Donation)
Organizations who only need one device or want to try our service before committing to a larger order can apply for a single donated device. You may also apply for additional devices via the applicable programs below during the same fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
(Up to 5 Donated Devices)
Get up to five 4G LTE mobile hotspots per fiscal year.
(Up to 10 Donated Devices)
Get up to 10 4G LTE mobile hotspots per fiscal year.
How to Apply:
Visit Digital Wish to become a member and register your organization for free.
Select “Shop” from the main menu, and then select “Mobile Broadband.”
Choose the Mobile Beacon program that offers the number of devices you need and check out through Digital Wish.
After Digital Wish approves your donation request, they will email you instructions for how to order your donated devices using Mobile Beacon’s online order form. Be sure to enter the unique promo code you receive from Digital Wish when you complete Step 1 of your order.
“Connectivity is a core requirement as student learning migrates online. We are so excited to be able to offer this program to schools for both teacher and student connectivity. Mobile Beacon is the ideal partner to help us usher in the new era of mobile learning that extends well beyond the walls of the classroom.”
— Heather Chirtea, Executive Director, Digital Wish