Mobile Beacon is building its first fixed wireless broadband network exclusively in the lower eastern region of Arizona. This pilot program (HomeWorks) will provide instructional materials and internet connectivity to accredited public/private schools, colleges, and universities to further their educational missions.
A Solution to Help Schools Support Students During COVID-19:
We know how important it is for all teachers and students to have reliable home broadband, particularly during this time with school closures and the move to distance learning. We hope that this pilot will directly help close the gap for those who currently do not have internet access at home. By providing this free broadband service through June 2021, our goal is to provide peace of mind during these turbulent times and provide participants with free internet service they can rely on for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Interested educational institutions in Benson, St. David, or Tombstone, AZ can apply for the pilot using the form below.
Mobile Beacon will build a fixed wireless network to deliver true broadband speeds (25 Mbps / 3 Mbps) to a local school partner(s) for use at the school as well to participating teachers and families (50-150 homes can be served) in need of home broadband access.
Our pilot school partner(s) will also have use of our parent organization’s free online course offerings if they want to utilize this resource as part of their distance-learning curriculum. Our fixed broadband service, as well as all associated equipment costs, will be provided free-of-charge to pilot participants through the end of June 2021.
Mobile Beacon will provide:
- All network and end-user equipment
- Construction costs and ongoing operational/maintenance costs
- Technical support through June 2021 to support 50 to 150 homes with broadband internet
Partner schools will:
- Allow network equipment to be used on their premises
- Identify teachers and students in need of home broadband
- Assist in distributing home equipment for internet access to end-users
- Provide feedback on network performance and educational uses of the home broadband service during the pilot