Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We are passionate about what we do and we are looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization to help nonprofit organizations better serve their communities. It is an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Sales Manager Position Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Sales Manager will be a high-performing, self-motivated individual capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. In this role, the Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing sales plans to meet specific customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. Duties include generating new business by reaching prospective customers, lead generation and management, calling established accounts to generate repeat and add-on business opportunities, building referrals, and resuscitating lost customers. The Sales Manager will become a subject-matter expert in broadband issues affecting schools or their assigned target market- (s) and use that knowledge to help coach these organizations through a needs assessment and implementation strategies for success. In other words – sell less, help more. The Sales Manager will also be a strategic member of our management team and keep Leadership apprised of customer needs and opportunities to keep our company competitive and innovative. The Sales Manager will be responsible to train, coach, and develop the Sales Support Representative and manage this person to their sales targets/goals.
- Devise sales targets and revenue goals for assigned target markets; develop sales plans to meet established goals/targets.
- Manage the process for forecasting, lead management, and tracking sales metrics against established targets.
- Track sales metrics against established targets; report data to Leadership on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities for lead generation; make recommendations to the Director of Business Development about which opportunities to pursue.
- Continually assess current sales campaigns; develop and evaluate their performance and report to Leadership regularly.
- Contribute to business development planning to capture new opportunities within assigned target markets (e. g. education, health care, housing and other non-profit segments).
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications, competition and broadband issues impacting the target markets assigned.
- Assist in Mobile Beacon’s strategic planning of the organization; make recommendations on strategic sales plans to help achieve organizational goals, expand target market base and establish a long-term competitive position.
- Manage and direct the Sales Support Representative. With the Director of Business Development set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals/targets for the Sales Support Representative.
- Develop a plan with the Sales Support Representative to ensure that targets and goals are met or exceeded; and manage the Sales Support Representative’s progress.
- Develop and maintain relationships with large or strategic client accounts and partners; meet to discuss their evolving needs, assess the quality of our relationship with them and identify opportunities to grow those accounts or channels.
- Work with Mobile Beacon’s Marketing Manager and the Director of Business Development to ensure steady lead generation, gather ideas for new and repeat sales opportunities and assist in the development of sales scripts and customer/lead follow-up templates to ensure our message resonates with client needs.
- Provide on-the-ground sales support at events, conferences, and expos.
- Embody our company culture and values; serve as a company spokesperson and brand ambassador in this client facing role.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of business-to-business sales experience required.
- Experience in building a business portfolio.
- Experience in technical sales and/or nonprofit sector a plus.
- Knowledge of various distribution channels.
- Knowledge in building market segments.
- Experience in account management.
- 5+ years of management/supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Enthusiasm and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets as a sales representative or sales manager.
- Excellent negotiation skills; effective closer with experience in cold calling and other similar lead-generation tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify trends and opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively. You will need to be a good listener and speaker, to help customers and employees understand your direction and recommendations.
- Customer first mindset and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and able to effectively collaborate with different levels of the organization and across business lines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and proficiency with standard reporting tools.
- Proficient working with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Commitment to continuous education and professional development through workshops, seminars, training and conferences
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation, concentrate viewing computer screens for an extended period.
- Ability to travel.
- This person will also need to help set up exhibit booths, carry luggage, sales materials etc.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].