Mobile Beacon, a subsidiary of the North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation, Inc. (NACEPF), strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization to help nonprofit organizations better serve their communities. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Administrative Assistant Position Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Administration, the Administrative Assistant will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of responsible, confidential, and complex administrative, technical, and secretarial duties to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. This position will support executive personnel as designated.
- Perform complex administrative, secretarial and clerical duties.
- Perform routine duties independently, setting priorities and scheduling work in accordance with established and general policies and procedures.
- Maintain calendars, appointments, and schedules as necessary.
- Plan and organize meetings, conferences, and events.
- Support various processes and ongoing projects; act as a liaison between internal and external departments to ensure clear and concise communications; flow of documentation and scheduling of necessary meetings and appointments.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Compose letters, documents, spreadsheets, and memoranda including material of a confidential nature.
- Maintain an understanding of departmental programs and functions, and their relation to the company. Provide information to other departments, personnel and outside agencies as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a management information system, including physical and electronic files.
- Respond to inquiries on the telephone and in person. Resolve complaints within the scope of information and refer to others, as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor department expenditures; assist in budget preparation and financial documentation.
- Project coordination as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree desired in business administration, nonprofit management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1 – 3 years general administrative office experience.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Self-starter, takes initiative to start, lead and ensure projects are completed timely.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail or ability to efficiently allocate cognitive resources to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work productively across departments.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment or remotely as needed.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for extended periods of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
- Able to bend, move equipment and product on a regular basis and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Some travel required.
- Must have car and/or own transportation to transport inventory and customer shipments as needed
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].