Mobile Beacon, a subsidiary of the North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation, Inc. (NACEPF), strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization to help nonprofit organizations better serve their communities. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
We are looking for a results driven, mission-oriented Director of Business Development to increase company revenue, develop long-term business growth strategies, and demonstrate the impact our service has on educational and nonprofit clients across the United States. The successful candidate will be strategic, persuasive, have strong business acumen, and possess excellent negotiation, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for training, developing, and leading a highly-motivated, high performing Business Development team that encompasses Sales, Marketing, Programs/Strategic Partnerships, and Customer Service working cohesively toward established goals.
- Identify, develop, and execute business plans to strategically grow our business and maximize our impact across the education and nonprofit sectors.
- Set the overall and market-specific business development strategy and oversee the development of detailed action plans across Business Development departments to achieve targets and goals.
- Set and report on the long- and short-term goals for Sales, Marketing, Programs/Strategic Partnerships and Customer Service. Oversee the development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to track progress of established goals. Analyze trends, identify new business opportunities, and present recommendations to the Leadership Team.
- Oversee with Sales, Marketing, Programs, and Customer Service functions to ensure an outstanding customer experience during all customer touchpoints to foster loyalty, account growth, new business referrals, and customer success stories.
- Identify, build, and maintain key B2B relationships with customers, channel partners, and VIPs.
- Keep current with and maintain a strong understanding of the needs of the nonprofit and educational sectors as well as the competitive landscape to maintain the best market position for Mobile Beacon.
- Provide oversight and direction of Marketing in order to maximize business development, branding potential, and customer loyalty.
- Develop robust short-and-long term strategically aligned sales pipeline, from early lead to deal closure, driving revenue in multiyear plan. Accurately forecast sales pipeline and attrition (including an understanding of root causes).
- Oversee the interviewing, recruiting, training, and ongoing development of the Business Development departments.
- Ensure accurate Salesforce tracking, reporting, and analytics of all Business Development activities.
- Serve as a Mobile Beacon spokesperson through networking, events, and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- 5-10 years of experience in Sales/Finance/Business Development.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Experience in technical sales, B2B, and/or selling to the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Proven track record for increasing revenue, meeting sales targets, and building relationships that drive long-term growth.
- Able to successfully operate in a participative growing entrepreneurial environment where one must create and build the systems or processes they need to achieve their goals.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience in training, developing, and managing high-performing, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills; strong presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with CRM or sales management software (Salesforce preferred).
- Commitment to continuous education and professional development through workshops, seminars, training, and conferences.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment or remotely.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation, concentrating on viewing computer screens for extended periods.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, video conferencing, etc.
- Ability to travel and attend functions after hours or weekends (as needed).
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].