Mobile Beacon, a subsidiary of the North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation, Inc. (NACEPF), strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization to help nonprofit organizations better serve their communities. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Reporting to the Sales Manager and working under the overall direction set by the Director of Business Development, this will be a highly self-motivated, outgoing, and confident individual capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. Key responsibilities include growing existing accounts, providing support to the Sales Manager, generating new leads, and converting them into customers by building lasting connections and relationships with them.
- Identify and generate sales opportunities from leads and existing customers.
- Build sales quotes, follow up on missing documentation to close pending orders promptly, and provide support to the Sales Manager.
- Follow up on cold and warm leads to further the sales process.
- Database Entry.
- Keep all sales activities up-to-date daily in Salesforce.
- Report on progress against sales targets.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Cold calling to prospective customers.
- Outreach to existing customers to understand their needs, coach them through a needs assessment, and implement strategies to grow accounts and build long-lasting relationships. In other words: sell less, help more.
- Answer potential customer’s questions and help them pick the best products or mix of products to meet their needs.
- Become a subject matter expert in all Mobile Beacon products and services.
- Work assigned lead lists and sales campaigns.
- Stay informed about competing products and services. Be able to differentiate Mobile Beacon’s products and services.
- Develop relationships with customers to build trust and loyalty. Follow up with customers to solicit feedback and opportunities to generate additional sales.
- Work with and support the Sales Manager.
- Research areas for new customer growth.
- Travel to support the sales team.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or high school diploma.
- Previous experience in an outbound call center or a related sales position is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Possess excellent customer service, sales, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in planning and research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Self-motivated and organized self-starter able to multitask and perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to follow multi-level processes accurately and within standard timeframes.
- Strong attention to detail; maintains complete and accurate notes of all sales activities and inputs them daily into Salesforce.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Ability to goal set, grow existing accounts, and -build new leads to gain additional customers.
- Able to successfully operate in a participative growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of database administration and reporting (Access, Demand Tools, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period.
- High utilization of office equipment i.e. computer, phone.
- Will travel to support the Sales Team.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].