Mobile Beacon, a subsidiary of the North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation, Inc. (NACEPF), strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities while growing our business. We work to make long-time business customers in the education and nonprofit sector, so candidates must show an aptitude for making the available technology options understandable and help coach these organizations through a needs assessment and implementation strategies for success. In other words: sell less, help more.
Sales Manager Position Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Administration, the Sales Manager will be a high-performing, self-motivated individual capable of thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing sales plans to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. Duties include generating new business by reaching to prospective customers, lead creation and management, calling established accounts to generate repeat and add-on business opportunities, building referrals, and resuscitating lost customers. The Sales Manager must also become a subject-matter expert in broadband issues affecting our client base and be a strategic part of our management team by keeping leadership apprised of customer needs and ways to keep our company competitive and innovative.
- Establish sales targets and revenue goals; develop sales plans to meet established targets.
- Develop and manage process for forecasting, lead management, and tracking sales metrics against established targets.
- Track sales metrics against established targets; report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with large or strategic client accounts; meet to discuss their evolving needs, assess the quality of our relationship with them, and identify opportunities for repeat business and referrals.
- Continually assess current sales distribution channels; develop and evaluate their performance and report to leadership quarterly.
- Work with Mobile Beacon’s Marketing Manager and Program Director to ensure steady lead generation, generate ideas for new and repeat sales opportunities, and assist in the development of sales scripts and customer/lead follow-up templates to ensure our message resonates with client needs.
- Provide on-the-ground sales support at Mobile Beacon events, conferences, and expos.
- Contribute to business development planning to capture new opportunities within target markets (e.g. education, healthcare, housing, and other nonprofit segments).
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications, competition, and broadband issues impacting the various nonprofit segments we serve.
- Assist in strategic planning of the organization; make recommendations on strategic sales plan to help achieve organizational goals, expand our client base, and establish a long-term competitive position.
- Embody our company culture and values; serve as a company spokesperson and brand ambassador in this client-facing role.
- Continuously meet with promotion partners to discuss industry pipeline and opportunities.
- Support in the accounts receivable collections for accounts that are beyond 30+ delinquent.
- Prepare reporting as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior business-to-business sales experience required.
- Experience working in education environment preferred.
- Experience in technical sales and/or nonprofit sector a plus.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets as a sales representative or sales manager.
- Excellent negotiation skills; effective closer with experience with cold-calling and other similar lead-generation tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify trends and opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively. You will need to be a good listener and speaker, to help customers and employees understand your direction and recommendations.
- High degree of customer-service orientation and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively collaborate with different levels of the organization and across business lines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Able to successfully operate in a participative, growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and proficiency with standard reporting tools.
- Proficient working with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Commitment to continuous education and professional development through workshops, seminars, training and conferences.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is normally an office environment. However, there may be circumstances where working remotely (from home) is required.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for an extended period of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, including some nights and weekends.
- This person will also need to help set up exhibit booths, carry luggage, sales materials, etc.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].