Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Administration, the Business Analyst will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Primary responsibilities include providing overall project management as well as testing and proposing solutions, changes, and enhancements to the functionality and security of our Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and related processes. The Business Analyst will be responsible for the development of documentation including specifications, business processes, solution analysis, project plans, etc.
The Business Analyst will be a power user of the CRM database. The position requires expertise in data administration, querying, reporting, process management, and automation. The Business Analyst is expected to apply a high degree of expertise and advanced knowledge of Salesforce to provide top-level user support, coordinate activities between various constituents, and understand the requirements and needs of the organization. The Business Analyst will work independently with minimal supervision and coordinate activities among internal and external stakeholders. A wide degree of competency is expected.
- Provide overall project management on operational and system projects.
- Document and maintain end-to-end system processes and procedures.
- Identify, document, implement, monitor, evaluate, and revise internal controls and processes.
- Develop templates to be used by Mobile Beacon team and mentor/guide the staff in developing strong documentation and cross-training.
- Analyze existing processes and procedures; develop and present areas for improvement and automation.
- Analyze the current and future needs of the organization; translate those needs into action plans.
- Serve as lead liaison and project manager with our 3rd party software developers to translate business requirements into action plans, establish project schedules, manage the implementation, development, testing, and roll-out of new software/functionality, and ensure the necessary documentation and training is disseminated to relevant Mobile Beacon staff.
- Design and generate standard or custom reports summarizing business or financial data for review by stakeholders.
- Assist with reconciliations to ensure Salesforce data is accurate.
- Lead projects involving business line analysis to integrate activities, gather relevant data and share best practices.
- Adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the organization during periods of rapid change and growth.
- Assist with special projects upon request.
- Other related duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, management of information systems, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3 – 5 years of business analysis/project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Salesforce or another similar CRM SQL database is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Admin Certification preferred. All candidates required to achieve and maintain certification once employed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to analyze information and make strategic recommendations to drive business efficiencies and results.
- Database analysis skills, identifying trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation, upgrading and/or support of large CRM or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- A proven track record of developing scalable processes and functionality that drive business results
- Proven ability in researching and working with changes in software technology and integrating those changes into business processes.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects.
- Able to take charge of all aspects of a project from assisting with establishing priorities, setting and meeting deadlines, establishing metrics and performing post-project analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership, motivation, initiative, independence, and responsibility.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups in a project team setting.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for extended periods.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].