Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Database Support Specialist
Reporting to the Business Analyst, the Database Support Specialist will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. Responsibilities include providing functional support to ensure data accuracy, performance, operation and stability of database systems.
- Provide functional support to ensure data accuracy, performance, operation, and stability of database systems.
- Perform routine data cleanups and document the steps required for those cleanups.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies. Summarize and report findings to Business Analyst and Salesforce and Data Specialist.
- Provide support to Business Analyst and Salesforce and Data Specialist on projects and assignments (data uploads/input, field edits, DemandTools scenarios, testing, etc.).
- Review reconciliation reports and correct/update as required.
- Conduct Return (RMA) shipping tasks.
- Generate and maintain reports as required.
- Assist in developing training materials and provide ongoing technical guidance and support to the team.
- Serve as backup to Returns (RMA) Specialist.
- Serve as backup to Salesforce & Data Specialist as needed.
- Assist with special projects and events upon request.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a data or database support role.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to follow multi-level processes accurately and within standard timeframes.
- Proven ability to manage assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Technical aptitude with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to operate in a participative growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of database administration and reporting (Access, Demand Tools, etc.).
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) required.
- Experience with back office systems a plus (billing, call center, etc.).
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].