Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Customer Service Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Administration (DOOA), the Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading customer relations and the overall customer experience. This position has overall responsibility for leading and motivating a team to ensure they’re providing “white-glove” customer service with every interaction. The Customer Service Manager will set the tone through effective and efficient management of Customer Service support staff and related activities. The Customer Service Manager is responsible to ensure smooth and compliant operations while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Become a knowledge-based expert in daily Customer Service related activities (CSR), shipping, return processes, reseller processes, and inventory control management. This includes using Salesforce as a tool to manage transactions and evaluate/identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures for CSR, shipping, returns management, inventory control and management, etc. All procedures must include management controls to ensure procedures are performed on time, accurately, and consistently.
- Document, monitor, evaluate, and revise internal controls and processes.
- Make recommendations to DOOA for improvement and changes to programs, policies and practices; coordinate and oversee implementation as directed.
- Develop surveys and other feedback instruments to keep abreast of customer needs and trends. Report and present findings to DOOA.
- Handle escalated complaints and queries from customer and staff to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Hire, train, develop and hold staff accountable to provide outstanding customer service and efficient work.
- Cross-train staff to ensure there is a back-up if someone is out unexpectedly.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback and corrective action when necessary.
- Work with DOOA to administer and track employee goals and objectives that align with organizational objectives.
- Establish training and development opportunities for staff (as approved by DOOA) so they have the skills necessary to perform their job requirements.
- Keep the DOOA apprised of staffing issues and challenges. Propose staffing changes to the DOOA as needed.
- Complete new hire/termination materials and processes.
- For new positions, manage recruiting responsibilities as directed: coordinate advertising, screen and interview candidates, perform reference checks, prepare offer letters, etc. Responsibilities may include working with temporary service companies or other staffing firms.
- Conduct new hire orientations and training.
- Ensure direct reports are completing the electronic time management system, including time tracking by project(s) and PTO, and adhering to company policies regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Serve as backup for weekly payroll processing.
- Other related duties as assigned by DOOA.
- Assist with special projects upon request.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years Customer Service experience with at least 3 years of management experience over Customer Service Representatives/ Operations preferred.
- Experience with electronic sales and customer relationship software.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leader with proven effectiveness managing and developing team members and holding them accountable for delivering strong performance and results.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters with high discretion.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details.
- Able to successfully operate in a participative growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals and culture.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with customer relationship management systems. Salesforce preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for extended periods of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) to HR@mobilebeacon.org.