Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. Responsibilities include fielding phone calls, managing order/fulfillment processes, responding to customer inquiries, providing in-house Level I technical support to customers, and assisting with renewals, returns, and replacements for existing customers.
- Provide first-class customer service and maintain a high degree of professionalism in every interaction.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Understand Mobile Beacon offers, products, and programs to make appropriate recommendations that match customers’ needs.
- Qualify new orders for completeness; oversee the process from the placement of an order to fulfillment.
- Follow-up with assigned accounts to ensure a high level of service is being delivered.
- Oversee orders, activations, cancellations, and block/allow data functions using third-party software. Document all actions taken in Salesforce.
- Develop knowledge of Tier 1 Troubleshooting protocols to assist customers with basic technical support needs.
- Document all customer interactions (orders, returns, emails, calls, etc.) in Salesforce accurately and in accordance with established procedures.
- Update CSM accordingly on customer service issues, billing, and renewals.
- Ensure all related Customer Service policies and procedures are adequately documented; assist with developing or revising policies as requested.
- Assist with special projects upon request.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or GED/High School diploma with equivalent work experience required.
- 1 – 3 years professional experience in customer service related work.
- Experience in customer service in a technical environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to remain professional under pressure and defuse escalated customer situations.
- Aptitude for making available technology options understandable.
- Ability to follow multi-level processes accurately and within standard timeframes.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) preferred.
- Experience with back-office systems a plus (billing, call center, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for extended periods of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and writing sample to [email protected].