Mobile Beacon, a subsidiary of the North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation, Inc. (NACEPF), strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization to help nonprofit organizations better serve their communities. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Human Resources Manager Position Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Administration, the Human Resources Manager will work closely with Management to plan, manage, and coordinate all human resources initiatives (e.g. recruitment, compensation, payroll, benefits, performance management, HR related trainings, employee development, and employee relations) of the organization to ensure the organization’s human resources goals are obtained. In addition, they will work to ensure policies, procedures, and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals, mission and culture, and are in compliance with professional standards, as well as state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Works closely with Management to develop and implement HR practices and programs that maximize employee engagement and retention and ensure that human resources policies and programs are aligned with strategic business objectives and compliant with federal, state and local regulations.
- Responsible for the full life-cycle recruitment efforts including job posting, recruiting, interviewing, scheduling, and selection.
- Ensures an effective new hire onboarding process, ensuring all required documentation and trainings take place.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Conducts employee relations counseling and conducts investigations.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers on a variety of human resource areas including employee handbook interpretations, employee relations and performance management, and serves as internal coach and consultant ensuring fair and equitable treatment of employees while minimizing agency liability.
- Leads the diversity and inclusion strategy for the organization.
- Monitors employee morale, administers the annual employee survey, keeping Management informed of opportunities for positive recognition as well as key issues.
- Performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records and employee files, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, year-end responsibilities and preparing reports for Management.
- Administers all benefit plans for the organization including enrollments and terminations. Leads the annual open enrollment process.
- Administers the compensation program for the organization including internal job slotting process and the annual review process, working with external resources to ensure compensation is benchmarked against market data.
- Develops and administers a performance management system that supports productivity, employee development, and organizational effectiveness and links to the compensation program.
- Manages the development, coordination and presentation (with the assistance of external resources) of training and development programs for all employees.
- Remains current on HR trends and legislation (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA and FLSA, etc). Ensures managers are trained in HR practices.
- Supports Management on special projects upon request.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with HR courses/certification, or equivalent experience required.
- Ongoing and current HR professional development.
- 4-6 years related experience in roles involving human resources, nonprofit administration/service /payroll. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working with payroll/time keeping systems.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in an HRIS system a plus.
- Hands-on recruiting and employee selection.
- Implementing employee relations programs and practices.
- Previous experience in startup and nonprofit organizations desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to follow multi-level processes accurately and within standard timeframes.
- Proven ability to manage assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Technical aptitude with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to operate in a participative growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of database administration and reporting (Access, Demand Tools, etc.).
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) required.
- Experience with back office systems a plus (billing, call center, etc.).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is normally an office environment. However, there may be circumstances where working remotely (from home) is required.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for an extended period of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].