Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Reporting to the Business Analyst, the Salesforce Administrator will perform the day-to-day operations of Salesforce, including designing data imports, developing and maintaining custom reports and dashboards, and training other Salesforce users. This includes handling data and workflow issues, regularly auditing data and improving data integrity, involvement in testing and rollout of software updates, and identifying areas for process improvement. The Salesforce Administrator will serve as the “go to” for users, promote adoption, provide 1:1 training, and more. Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills are key to the success of this role.
- Create and manage changes to the System.
- Coordinate and manage database activities to support application development (cleanup, data input, field edits, scenarios, testing, etc.).
- Create training materials and communicate system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation.
- Provide one-on-one training and technical guidance to end users on an on‐going basis.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, and other Salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Develop, create and maintain all reports and dashboards to ensure usability.
- Set up, run, and report on Campaigns.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Coordinate testing of software updates; set up test records in sandbox for identified scenarios to support multiple users testing; clean out test records at the completion of testing.
- Reassign Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities as needed.
- New User Setup / User Profile Maintenance / Access Termination.
- Create and maintain user roles, profiles, and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
- Develop and maintain administrator and user documentation, company processes, and workflows.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Gather notes / action items from weekly project meetings.
- Contribute to projects and work collaboratively on the creation of solutions that support business objectives.
- Provide support functions as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (Information Systems or Computer Science preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- 2 – 4 years of Salesforce.com experience.
- 1+ years of experience functioning as a Salesforce.com administrator for Enterprise edition.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- In‐depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce (Salesforce.com Administrator certification is preferred).
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to the Salesforce.com software and system administration.
- Must be highly proficient with Excel and SQL.
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools.
- Knowledge of APEX and Force capabilities a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse and complex suite of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to accept priorities set by management, obtain clarification as needed, and take full ownership of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization as well as collaborate with cross-functional business partners and technical teams.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals and culture.
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected].