Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Marketing Specialist will be a highly self-motivated individual capable of thriving in a small entrepreneurial environment. The Marketing Specialist will have an integral role in building and executing Mobile Beacon’s communication strategies to engage and expand our customer base. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with other team members to ensure brand alignment across sales and customer service. Exceptional communication skills are required.
- Write content for all marketing channels and support sales team in developing customer-facing communications.
- Oversee editorial calendar and coordinate action steps with staff to implement.
- Recommend strategies to drive strong engagement and growth of all marketing programs.
- Support development of marketing programs, event marketing, sales materials, and social media advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate with customer service team to ensure FAQs remain up-to-date and all incoming inquiries and comments on social channels are promptly and professionally answered.
- Develop content and coordinate implementation for all digital media platforms including website, blog, employee newsletter, and emarketing campaigns.
- Gather and track digital marketing analytics data. Determine the effectiveness of content approach and act on needed improvements.
- Provide support for Marketing and Communications projects and activities as needed.
- Ensure marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Design and develop effective presentations for internal and external use.
- Assist with creative teams to develop branding ideas, advertising copy, graphic designs, and promotional materials.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience, including two years marketing/communications experience.
- Digital and social media experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, HTML, content management systems.
- Familiarity with customer databases such as Salesforce a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- A proven track record of developing and disseminating effective marketing campaigns from conception to launch.
- An entrepreneurial and creative thinker with strong communications skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success of creating content that captures people’s attention and drives conversation among customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects.
- Ability to travel and participate in events, including some evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for extended periods of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and writing sample to [email protected].