Are You Eligible?
We serve nonprofits who truly need our grant and will use it to meet an immediate need.
Eligible nonprofits include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
Education/training organizations, including:
- Public and private schools
- Educational alliances & advocacy groups
- Educational services nonprofits
- Vocational counseling and job training nonprofits
Government entities, including:
- Governmental and quasi-governmental agencies and departments that provide primary public service or public welfare assistance services (such as low-income housing, food stamps, or domestic violence services)
- Government emergency management offices
- Organizations of past members of the Armed Forces/Veterans Organizations
- Fire protection departments and agencies
- Emergency response teams
- Correctional institutions
- Environmental nonprofits
Health, human & social service organizations, including:
- Administration of public health programs
- Nursing home and assisted living facilities
- Civil rights, social action, and advocacy groups
- Administration of social, human resource, and income maintenance programs
- Urban planning, community, and rural development agencies
- Administration of housing programs
- Community organizations and neighborhood development organizations
Other nonprofit organizations, including:
- Youth development groups
- Creative organizations including arts & humanities councils/agencies
- Media, publishing & communications nonprofits
Philanthropy and voluntarism foundations & grant-making foundations with annual budgets of less than $100,000
Ineligible nonprofits include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Commercial organizations, credit-counseling services, donation middleman services, and organizations that derive the bulk of their revenue from user fees
- Government agencies that are treasury and revenue service departments, law enforcement agencies, legislature, the office of the mayor, and the military
- Membership organizations are not allowed to distribute accounts to their members but these organizations can participate in the program as long as the service will be for internal use (staff/volunteers).
- Organizations who have an existing business relationship with CLEAR are not eligible for the services under our grant while such business relationship exists.
Mobile Beacon reserves the right to decline applicants at its sole discretion, even if they meet the criteria.