Mobile Beacon strengthens communities across the United States by providing high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the anchors of communities: the nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. With our broadband service, these organizations have an essential tool they need to fulfill their missions and maximize their philanthropic impact. Our anytime, anywhere connectivity allows them to access more, reach more, and help more in their communities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our commitment as a mission-based organization. We’re offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate who would enjoy helping nonprofit organizations better serve their communities and is able to help define, develop, and implement scalable programs that will shape how our organization runs in the future. It’s an exciting time to join as we are experiencing tremendous growth and demand.
Director of Operations & Administration
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations & Administration will be responsible for day-to-day operations ensuring organizational effectiveness through the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and practices. This person will be a strategic partner, working closely with the Executive Director to drive strategic planning and policy development to accelerate growth, and long-term success of the company. The areas of responsibility for this role are varied and require broad experience managing multiple business functions including operations, finance, business planning, customer service, human resources, information technology, data management, and facilities. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participative professional capable of thriving in a small entrepreneurial environment.
- Document and implement the necessary processes, policies, and controls that ensure standardized operations and a high level of quality deliverable.
- Initiate and direct changes to increase efficiency and meet objectives.
- Establish, measure, and track KPI metrics to capture key data, trends, and customer satisfaction/retention.
- Evaluate business opportunities and develop business plans, providing strategic advice and support to management staff.
- Plan goals/objectives for office operations and identify the resources (staff, equipment, funds) required to attain the end results.
- Coordinate and monitor office operations to ensure company requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Monitor office procedures and resolve problems through collaboration and coordination across departments.
- Develop partner and vendor relationship processes to support new business in conjunction with management staff.
- Recommend, manage, and document operational and administrative process improvements.
- Review, test, and recommend new technology to support capabilities for future growth.
- Oversee data management and database administration.
- Oversee overall document control and training processes.
- Responsible for working with vendors to provide scheduled maintenance of the building and grounds, provide recommendations and quotes for capital projects and repairs as requested.
- Oversee IT Service and Maintenance Contract as well as telephone and voicemail vendor’s contracts including recommendations for cost reductions, repairing/replacing hardware and software needs.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness of the following functions: Customer Service, Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Vendor Management.
- Negotiate and administer vendor contracts.
- Work with Executive Director to create, measure, and track goals and objectives aligned with the company mission and values at the company and employee levels to ensure optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Executive Director to evaluate all benefits and insurance negotiations from a financial perspective with the goal of incentivizing growth and retention, thus providing the most competitive packages for all employees.
- Make recommendations for improvement and changes to HR programs, policies, and practices and coordinate as necessary.
- Provide direct management to the Customer Service Manager and Business Analyst.
- Hire, train, develop and hold staff accountable, providing coaching and guidance to ensure maximum effacing and individual development and growth.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback and corrective action when necessary.
- Manage the filing, storage, and security of documents and inventory.
- Other related duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Overall financial management responsibility including analysis, creation, and presentation of financial reports.
- Coordinate and review financial information to prioritize and direct staffing, resource allocation, and objectives.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reconciliations.
- Create and lead budgeting, growth plans, and forecast process.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Liaise with CPA firm on financial, tax, and bookkeeping functions.
- Oversee the collection of accounts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years overall professional experience including broad operational and financial management.
- 5+ years of Management/Supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and best practices (operations, finance, customer service, etc).
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and preparation of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Change leader with proven effectiveness managing and developing team members.
- Strong critical thinking and ability to analyze information.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve bottom line results.
- Motivated, proactive, and organized self-starter able to wear many hats.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Mobile Beacon’s mission, goals, and culture.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Able to successfully operate in a participative growing environment with limited budgets and resources.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Access, Reporting).
- Proficient in Financial Mgt systems (i.e. QuickBooks, Oracle) preferred.
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) preferred.
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) to HR@mobilebeacon.org.