A brighter world for educational access.
Broadband has greater potential to transform education
than any other technological innovation in our lifetime.*
Students, faculty, and IT staff agree that the 21st-century learning environment is defined by access: wireless access, resource access, and access to each other.
That’s where Mobile Beacon can help. Through our grants, schools receive unlimited, high-speed 4G mobile broadband service and a choice of user-friendly devices that can support a variety of educational applications and programs.
With unlimited 4G service, you can access more, teach more, learn more:
- Create an untethered learning environment to extend learning beyond the school day.
- Empower students to be active, creative, and knowledgeable contributors and content-developers through blogs, podcasts, online forums and peer reviews.
- Enhance learning and achievement in core academic subjects for schools implementing 1:1 computing programs.
- Implement cost-effective, supplementary programs including distance learning opportunities, online tutoring, and online office hours.
- Prepare students for the workforce by increasing digital literacy.
A K-8 school who pays a commercial carrier for two T-1 lines to connect 80 computers through 15 hubs may be paying $7,200 annually for Internet access with maximum download rates of 1.54 Mbps.
As each student logs on, this speed becomes more and more sluggish. With Mobile Beacon, the school could experience average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps in addition to saving nearly 60% in the first year, and over 75% each year after.**
For illustrative purposes only.
New Targeted Grants Available
In select cities across the country, Mobile Beacon is launching two new targeted grants, exclusively available to educational entities.
Laptop & Modem Donation Pilot
aimed at providing disadvantaged or at-risk students with the service and equipment they need to extend learning opportunities beyond classroom walls.
Broadband Security Camera System Pilot which is designed to help budget-strapped schools implement 24/7 monitoring of key areas of their building to help deter unauthorized access.
Apply Today! Simply complete this grant application and submit it along with a cover sheet detailing how your school would use the requested grant(s) to advance your educational mission.
Unlimited service plans subject to CLEAR's Acceptable Use Policy, posted at www.clear.com/legal/aup.
* Federal Communications Commission, blog.broadband.gov, Ellen Satterwhite, Broadband, Education, and the Learning Registry (posted Feb. 4, 2011), available at http://blog.broadband.gov/?entryId=1241083.
** Price comparison claim based on certain competitors' recently advertised, post-promotional, recurring monthly service rates. Limited time offers. Coverage areas limited. Restrictions apply. See relevant pages at www.mobilebeacon.org for rate plan, equipment purchase, coverage map, and other important information.